Friday, February 3, 2012

Packing my life away

At this time tomorrow I will be in my new place.

Thanks to a generous donation from my parents, we have hired movers - 4 men at $150/hour. The amount of stuff we have for them to move is underwhelming. If it weren't for the 3 flights of stairs at the old place, we would have no problems doing it ourselves.

Tonight we moved a hatchback full. Last night we moved another hatchback full. I have a few loads I'd like to take over tomorrow pre and during movers plus I have to be at new place at 3 to pick up the elevator key. Hopefully the movers won't be too far behind me.

Honestly, I'd like to blink and have this whole move be done. How do I make that happen?

I see an Ikea trip in my future for Sunday and probably also off to find some organizers. We need 1 for the laundry room, a small corner shelf or something for towels in the master bath, and then we need to go back to Lowes for keys and nails.

We recently read an article about 20 simple household things you need to know... or some shiz like that. So we have been inspired to try and put boxes along the ceiling in the new laundry room with string and nails. I hope it works. I don't want Li to be trapped in this laundry room with stuff on the ceiling - that'd be bad.

Well, I'm too tired to even think of an appropriate ending so I'm just gonna peace out. Good night! Think good thoughts about us tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment